TGAPGeorge – Warrior Tank
The long awaited patch 3.0.8 has finally arrived. While it didn’t contain everything we’ve all been looking forward to — where the hell are dual specs? — we did get some good stuff.
I’ve heard a lot of QQ* about nerfs and cooldowns for most classes, but all-in-all Tanking Warriors came off pretty well:
- Taunt range extended to 30 yds — I don’t know about you, but this will make some situations a lot easier.
- Shield Wall taken off global cooldown — This isn’t a game-changer, but it’s still nice to be able to get the wall up that much faster.
- Glyph of Cleave adds 1 more mob hit — Now you’re able to hit three mobs at once, (used to be -5 rage off cleave). Higher dps, higher threat, easier CC!
- New Enchant Bracer – Major Stamina — +40 Stamina? I’ll take it!
- New Enchant Shield – Titanium Plating — The +40 block value will be great for shoring up stats.
- Vigilance gets an animation — And sound too! Doesn’t change a thing about tanking, just removes the minor annoyance that was a spell with no-feedback.
There’s nothing to make you drop to your knees and pray that the hot new aphrodisiac for women in bikinis is now Blizzard employees, but still some good stuff.
On a non-tanking note, if you’re a miner like me you’ll freakin’ love mining nodes just once — so much faster, so much better. Thanks for that, Blizzard… you may share ONE bikini clad model.
* “QQ” means crying/complaining/bitching. (The two Qs look like crying eyes — I guess — so sez Urban Dictionary.)