Surazc – Death Knight Tank
They’re small, sometimes overlooked, and aren’t included in the box. But when used properly they are game changers. It’s time to get out the special doll and point to where the bad man put his…
Glyphs and Runeforges
- Rune of Cinderglacier now procs per minute instead of a 5% chance.
- Good. This change needed to be made for the rune to be anywhere near effective
- Rune of the Fallen Crusader: This weapon enchant now provides only 15% strength, but its chance to proc is doubled.
- So now it’s at basically 100% uptime but the strength gain was reduced to minimize burst damage.
- PvP change
- Rune of Razorice now affects Frost damage done by the death knight only, but stacks up to 10%.
- Frost DPS change. Intended to be placed on two weapons to get the % up as fast as possible.
- Makes Frost the largest burst damage spec for DKs
- Glyph of Blood Boil: This has been replaced with Glyph of Heart Strike, which adds a snare effect to Heart Strike.
- I guess a ranged snare was too powerful to have when it was not from a frost rune. Good thing that this speed debuff will be undispell-able just like Chilblains. Entirely a PvP glyph
- Glyph of Dancing Rune Weapon: Increases the duration of Dancing Rune Weapon by 10 seconds.
- PvE blood glyph. Keep the blade out longer, do more damage with it for less RP. Important for DPS efficiency
- Glyph of Dark Death: Increases the damage done by Death Coil by 15%.
- Blood DPS Glyph. It’s their only RP dump, might as well make it more useful
- Glyph of Death Strike: This glyph now increases Death Strike damage by 1% per 2 runic power, but has a limit of 25% increase.
- Almost restored to its former glory. The DS glyph is back in style. Great for PvP when you’re not being told to burst and for farming alone.
- Glyph of Disease: Your Pestilence ability now refreshes disease durations on your primary target back to their maximum duration.
- Huge Glyph. Transforms 1 Blood rune (least valuable) into X Frost / Y Unholy Runes depending on what you get caught in the AoE. A must have for any DPS spec.
- Glyph of Howling Blast: Your Howling Blast ability now infects your targets with Frost Fever.
- If Blizzard didn’t incorrectly implement Icy Talons then this glyph could be mainstream for Frost DPS DKs
- Glyph of Hungering Cold: Reduces the cost of Hungering Cold by 10 runic power.
- Still horrible.
- Glyph of Icebound Fortitude: Icebound Fortitude now grants at least 30% damage reduction, regardless of defense skill.
- Still horrible, but less than before
- Glyph of Plague Strike: Bonus lowered to 20%.
- Why you would ever glyph this skill is beyond me. Perhaps it’s because it’s raw DPS, but I still say this Glyph is not worth it.
- Glyph of Strangulate: This glyph has been changed to reduce the cooldown by 20 seconds.
- AWESOME. PVP Change to the maximum.
- Glyph of Unbreakable Armor: Increases the amount of damage absorbed by Unbreakable Armor by 20%.
- Reduces the amount of suck and fail that UbA produces by 20%
- Glyph of Unholy Blight: Increases the duration of Unholy Blight by 10 seconds.
- More bang for the buck. Lets you throw out a Death Coil every other rotation, also allows UB to overlap better with Gargoyle.
These are two very important changes I think I need to address here separate from everything else.
- Ebon Plaguebringer: Multiple death knights can now use this debuff against a target without overwriting each other.
- Necrosis: The damage from this ability will no longer benefit multiple times from damage increasing effects.
The Ebon Plaguebringer change we knew about but I don’t think you really understand how strong this change really is. The more unholy DKs you stack the more damage your casters will do. Raise eRDPS by stacking one class? Didn’t Blizzard want this to NOT happen? Expect this to change.
Necrosis’s change is interesting in that it will only be affected by one singular damage increasing effect… but what they mean by this is that only ONE buff to your damage will modify Necrosis’s damage. In other words, only ONE AP booster (probably going to be GBoM) will add the value of its contribution to Necrosis. This was done more or less for balance purposes only.